People struggle, we all do at some point in our lives.
Some lose their job, another has an injure, a death in the family. We understand.
What we do:
- We serve around 100-150 homeless people per week, in the heart of the city.
- Clothes are donated from people who come in touch with Two Olive Trees.
- A dedicated kitchen team, cook and prepare sandwiches.
- A recruitment team connect the able to work homeless to employers.
- Art and cafts day a fun day dedicated to doing art work to raise money. This day is very creative inspiring it helps to engage people from all walks of life.
- Health events in community centers/ churches / schools/etc.
The leaders in the project:
- Jorciney: head project leader HR/ transport /site leader
- Esther: project leader /recruitment/ admin
- Laura: project leader/ clothes
How you can get involved:
- Media: Get involved with marketing and photography, to help build awareness of homelessness.
- Food: Donate food to one of our food handlers, or come on the day and give out food.
- Volunteer your time: Come on the day to help distribute clothes/ food as well as befriend and talk to people.
- Help us to fundraise: Be involved with fundraising projects. Help bring awareness about poverty/ homelessness in London.
- Clothes can be donated as we can never have too much clothes.
Below Barking Youth Team came
Want to donate:
Choose where your money goes.
- Travel costs for the team to get there
- Towards the new portable kitchen were fundraising for
- Fundraising events to help raise funds and awareness
8 Dangers faced when homeless
- Violent treatment
- Verbal abuse
- Infections and illnesses from poor hygiene and neglect
- Pest and Vermin issues
- Depression and poor self-esteem
- Lack of motivation and self loath.
Tips when Homeless
- Do not to sleep in confined and isolated areas, you may be vulnerable to violence.
- Visit and become familiar with the homeless shelters in your area
- food banks and food donation stations are in and around your area, ask police where.
- Charity shops often donate clothing if in desperate need.
People struggle, we all do at some point in our lives. Some loses their job, another has an injury, there’s a death in the family. We understand. But you know, their is always someone dealing with something worst.
Consider ourselves blessed, and to give those who we never realized that live on our doorsteps a little something too to feel blessed about.
Two Olive Trees works with other charities who share the same goal, such as “ABCD solutions”
Two Olive Trees is raising funds to purchase a portable food kitchen, to develop washing and showering facilities. as well as educate and give people the opportunity to get on the right path.
below is the 2013-2014 homeless project team on a nature trip at Heathrow Grow