Moisture that is applied to the hair needs to be sealed in by a oil.
Like coconut oil, olive, jojoba, castor oil.
Remember that most oils don’t moisturize they nourish the hair.
Most Oils will only coat the strand of hair give it a shine, If you apply an oil before you apply a moisturize, it will seal your hair and no moisture will get in. There for apply moisture first the an oil to seal the moisture in the hair.
Two types of Moisture:
Hair needs water to maintain its elasticity. This enables the hair strand to stretch. Since water is the ultimate natural moisturizer, water-based products are best for getting the greatest moisture benefit.
Penetrating oils are perfect for retaining moister within the hair.l.
Use a spray bottle to add moister to your hair
- SLS is a chemical found in most shampoos. it strips the hair and leaves it dry. use a natural shampoo. or try a home made shampoo.
- Reduce the amount of heat you apply to your hair.
- Towel dry your hair
- Steam your hair once a month.
Home Hair Steam
- spray your hair with rose water/ essential oils scented water
- place a plastic bag over your head
- weight for 30 min